Sunday, December 23, 2012

Melo Claws His Way To Absolutely Fab-ulous Night

Well, it certainly has been too long since our last update on the "Claws. I blame that on the fact that there was an abundance of Celtics news recently and the fact that I am completely full of sh**.

No, I have shirked my duty as a reporter of all things Celtic and let the rooks toil in obscurity (at least on this site!), but...SNAPPING SEA CRUSTACEANS!! Fab Melo has really forced the issue here!

Playing a rather innocuous game against the Erie BayHawks (6-4), the Maine Red Claws (7-4) started the game like many others...introductions, jump ball...and then IT happened. Fab Melo went crazy Bananaramas (hmmm, is there a new expression afoot?) all over the 'Hawks, recording 15 points, 16 rebounds and an epic 14 (FOURTEEN!!!) blocks!! This, needless to say, is a record for the NBADL.

Though he tried to make the 'Hawks have a Cruel Winter (nahhhh...not only not a new expression, I will heretofore pretend it never happened and strongly and aggressively deny it if ever it returns to haunt me like Jacob Marley...), but the 'Claws fell short 78-85.

I don't know about you guys, but I am waiting with some seriously baited breath for the moment when Doc proclaims, "Fab Melo's gonna win a game for us...I guarantee you that."

Oh, yeah...and the other Celtics rook Kris Joseph had a busy stat line for himself with 10 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 block. Joseph is averaging a hearty 19.5 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.6 assists during his time up north.

Check out a brief clip, or watch the entirety of the game and check out the stats here.



No comments:

Post a Comment